Support Shawn's writng with a donation

Monday, March 16, 2015

Kickstarter Update: Isis: Night of the Vampires Cover Concept Art


 In late February I announced the Isis/E’steem series Crossover Kickstarter. And I’ve been busy promoting the event and the Isis series books. If I can get one thousand people to donate one dollar we can meet this goal!

I’ve been doing concept art for the Isis: Night of the Vampires cover. The first concept using my Isis and John Haynes custom action figures is close to the concept I want the artist to use. In the concept I want the artist to draw Isis and John would be posed together in the center dressed in formal wear and the Vampires would be surrounding them to attack. The concept would feature about five to six figures and feature lots of action!  













I still have a lot of art to do. Like this model sheet of Isis in a little black dress. I still have model sheets of formal John Haynes and the vampires Lilith, Carlotta and Vance to do along with D’lilah’s model sheet. 

I also have to do a draft of the E’steem: Undercover cover. That’ll be up on the next update.














Both the Isis: Night of the Vampires and E’steem: Undercover manuscripts have been finished since January 2015. The pages have been laid out and the PDFs have been uploaded to Amazon’s CreateSpace and Amazon’s KDP. The only thing I need to do is get a quality cover from a professional artist for both books. The response to Bill Walko’s Isis: Wrath of the Cybergoddes cover was extremely positive last year. And I’d like to take that momentum into this year’s Isis/E’steem crossover event.

If the Kickstarter gets funded, and I can hire an artist to design both the covers, both Isis: Night of the Vampires and E’steem: Undercover should get scheduled be released around June in paperback. Both books will be part of KindleUnlimited by then and available for anyone to borrow with Prime. When the 90-day term ends Isis: Night of the Vampires and E’steem: Undercover will head to a broader release on Smashwords and Nook.

 I’ll try to get all the paperback books for the rewards shipped to everyone by the July 4 weekend at the earliest and August at the latest. That’s a lot earlier than the September 2015 deadline.

I’ve heard a lot about how people use Kickstarter as a hustle and ripped off donors, but I’m not one of those guys. When the Isis: Wrath of the Cybergoddess Kickstarter failed last year, I sold parts of my toy collection to pay for the cover and I delivered the paperback and featured it on several YouTube Videos. The same way I built up a positive reputation on eBay with I want to build up one on Kickstarter. I will do everything in my power to make sure that everyone gets their books if this project gets funded. 

I really need everyone’s support on this project. Again If one thousand people donate one dollar a piece I can still meet this goal. With everyone’s help I can make this year’s Isis/E’steem crossover a success!
















No comments:

Post a Comment